If you’re busy (and what mom isn’t?), it’s nice when you can do one thing and cross a slew of things off of a to-do list. One know what that one thing is for me? Stroller running.
Why I love it:
1) I get my exercise.
2) I get outside and away from my computer.
3) The kids get outside.
4) The kids can eat their snack in the stroller.
5) They may even nap.
6) We all get to explore different areas of Charlotte.
What you need:
1) Water for everyone. Running and pushing a jogging stroller is harder than just running. Stay hydrated.
2) Snacks for the kids.
3) A great jogging stroller. I’m partial to the BOB, but whichever you choose, love it. You won’t go stroller running if you have a stroller that doesn’t work well.
4) A phone. I don’t like getting out on a trail with the kids and not be able to call for help if I need it.
My favorite Charlotte stroller running locales. These are all easy to maneuver with a jogging stroller.
1) Four Milk Creek Greenway – Conveniently next to Trader Joe’s & Starbuck’s for easy errands after the run.
2) Carolina Thread Trail & the Little Sugar Creek Greenway – Start at Freedom Park, head on the trail that goes under East Blvd. and continue on. Great creek-side view and skyline views!
3) McAlpine Greenway – This one makes me feel like I’m back in the woods. Take some bread to feed the ducks afterward.
4) McMullen Creek Greenway – Mostly shaded for the first several miles, this is a great place to run when the sun is out full-force.
1) It’s OK to walk!
2) If your stroller comes accessorized with weather shields, keep them with you. You never know when it’ll get buggy or start raining.
3) Always use the safety strap when running. (It’ll pull the break to stop the stroller if you fall.)
Did I miss a great Charlotte-area jogging stroller spot? Have a tip to share or question?0 Yum