What are your Summer Rental Home Tips? Share your checklist to help a momma out!
Seems like all of my friends are vacationing over the next few weeks, and let me just say – I’m jealous. Yeah, you, Miss-I’m-Going-to-Cabo, and you, I’m-Headed-to-Surfside-Beach. Oh, and Mrs. I’ll-Be-Sure-to-Have-a-Pina-Colada-for-You-While-in-Florida? I’ve got a few choice words…
Have fun! And, you better have more than one Pina Colada on my behalf! 🙂
Oh, and don’t forget these great tips for making sure you enjoy your rental home vacation:
1) Know what linens you need: Are sheets provided? What about bath and beach towels? May as well bring a few of each if you’re travelling by car. Regardless of what they provide, yours are probably better.
2) Pack paper products: you may be provided with basics to get you through a day or two, but you’ll need additional supplies. Things to consider: toilet paper, tissues, paper towels, napkins, garbage bags, food storage bags, aluminum foil and plastic wrap, and coffee filters (!!).
3) Make it easy to keep it clean: You’ll probably have to keep your rental home clean throughout the duration of your stay, so pack some cleaning supplies to make it easy like clorox wipes, dish soap, dishwasher detergent, and laundry detergent.
4) Bring your own fun: Most rental homes have some games and movies on hand, but pack a few of your family favorites to keep you entertained in case of an unexpected rainy day.
5) Make meal-time easy: I usually pack some kitchen essentials to make it easy to prepare meals in a rental home kitchen. These include, my favorite knife, cork screw, a spice kit, slow cooker, olive oil, cooking spray, and a large baking pan.
6) Arrange to have your groceries and cold beer waiting for you upon arrival. What? Yep! If you’re traveling to the Emerald Coast of Florida, you can order from Vacay Foods which offers delivery service of over 2,000 grocery items to your vacation rental. Shop pre-arrival, or if you happen to run low on diapers or beer mid-vacation, they can deliver same day too. And the prices are competitive with Publix!
If your order is over $50 – free delivery. Under that, and it’s a flat $4.99 fee. To get the skinny on all of the Delivery Info for Vacay Foods or to get shopping for your upcoming Florida Beach Trip, click here: http://vacayfoods.com/. They are currently serving areas between Fort Walton and Panama City (zip codes include: 32403, 32455, 32580, 32547, 32408, 32439, 32413, 32569, 32407, 32435, 32541, 32566, 32461, 32550, 32579, 32563, 32459, 32542, 32548, 32561, 32437, 32578, 32544).
Now, we want to hear from you! What would you include on your list of summer rental home tips?
*I was compensated for my time to share information about Vacay Foods0 Yum