Hi! My name is Cate and I blog over at www.thefabulesswife.com. An aspiring career Woman turned Work at Home Mom, figuring out what type of clothing to wear has been a slight struggle. One of the benefits of working from home is that you don’t have to spend a lot of money on dress clothes or an extensive amount of time applying makeup. For a complete round up of dressy, casual and beauty products for Work at Home Mom Style, ready on!
This benefit can backfire when you realize that it’s five o’clock and you are still in pajamas with yesterdays mascara smeared under your eyes. For those of us searching for the fine balance between comfy and put together, here are some of my favorite clothing inspirations, along with my favorite beauty products.
You can find these items or something similar inexpensively at the following retailers:
– Your local thrift stores
1) A cute graphic T-shirt is a great way to express your personal style! You can customize this with any sassy saying or image that you want. Yoga pants are just as comfy as pajama bottoms, yet look a lot more polished. They come in a variety of styles and colors. Having a cute pair of tennis shoes is a work at home style must. Choose a fun color to add a point of interest to any laid back outfit.
2) Boyfriend jeans are a great option for telecommuters. They come in a lot different washes and you can choose whatever fit you want. Boyfriend jeans are generally quite a bit looser than regular jeans, so they still have that element of comfort. A slouchy T-shirt in a trendy color looks great with this casual jean. Pair this outfit with a pretty watch for an eye-pleasing, yet practical touch. Ballet flats keep this outfit simple.
3) Maxi skirts have the feel of sweatpants, but make you look like you’ve put in a lot of effort. Have a brightly patterned skirt be the focus of your outfit and pair it with a neutral colored tank. Add a denim jacket for more coverage and slide on some bangle bracelets. Pair this outfit with a simple sandal.
4) A dark boot-cut jean is flattering on any figure. One of my favorite outfit ideas is pairing the jeans with an interesting shawl, such as the tribal one shown. Over an on trend colored tank top this outfit is so put together. Adding a black moccasin type shoe is the perfect touch to complete this combination.
What’s in my Makeup Bag:
1) This BB Cream from Garnier evens out your skin tone, covers blemishes and blends perfectly. There are options for all skin types.
2) Maybeline’s Great Lash Mascara gives you thick, clump free lashes with beautiful color. This mascara is a high end find with a drugstore price.
3) Wet N’ Wild has come out with some gorgeous nail polish colors. The colors are very on trend and the formula is long lasting. The brush is bigger than your average nail polish applicator, so you have less mistakes and a better looking manicure.
4) This neutral eyes shadow pallet is also from Wet N’ Wild. The colors are beautifully pigmented and blend perfectly. Neutrals look polished on any skin tone and they add the perfect touch to a makeup look.
5) Maybeline’s Dream Bouncy Blush is one of my favorite face products. This product gives you a pretty flush without having to use a lot of product. This blush lasts all day and blends easily thanks to the creamy formula.
6) Wet N’ Wild’s Balm Stain has the most beautiful shades to choose from. They carry everything from nudes to hot pinks. This lip stain glides on and stays on.
Cate Hoepner blogs at www.thefabulesswife.com. Since becoming a Work at Home Mom, she has become intrigued with finding ways to indulge her expensive taste on her not so large budget. She is a Wife and a Mommy to a 4 month old son. In her free time you can find her sipping a homemade iced coffee and listening to acoustic music. She pins her dream life at www.pinterest.com/catexoxo , and you can find her blog updates at www.facebook.com/thefabulesswife.