These game time recipes get the party started! You’ll wanna pin the Blue Cheese Buffalo Dip and Sweet & Spicy Chili recipes!
I don’t live for football, I admit it. Sure, I like cheering for my home team, but the game? Well, I watch it for the commercials. The commercials and the food! Anyone else?
I don’t always pay attention to the details of the game, but I know when the games are. ‘Cause that’s when I’m inviting over my friends for some family friendly game-time grub! With the football season winding up, the games are getting even more intense and exciting; so should the food!
This past Sunday, I watched “my team” perform well, even though they didn’t win. But, I still felt like a winner. Why? Because, my game-time food rocked.
I made some crowd favorites featuring classic brands that we all love. Like, a new Sweet and Spicy Chili recipe flavored with Coca-Cola, a tangy Chicken Buffalo Dip (spiked with beer!) and served with Ritz crackers, and last but not least – DiGiorno® Pepperoni Stuffed Crust Pizza with BBQ Ranch dressing to dip the crust in.
I know. I bet you wish you were here to get your grub on. I mean watch football.
Want the recipes? I know. I shouldn’t have asked. Pin these bad boys or print them off. Then head on over to Walmart these and all of the supplies for an awesome Game Time party. (Bonus – the DiGiorno® Stuffed Crust Pizza is on Rollback!
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tablespoons of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1-3 tablespoons of chopped chipotle peppers in adobo
- 2 (14 oz.) cans diced or crushed tomatoes
- 2 (14 oz.) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 10 oz. Coca-Cola (regular, not diet!)
- Chili Toppings: sour cream, cilantro, jalapenos, mango, cheese, or tortilla chips
- Heat olive oil over medium-high heat. Add turkey and onions, cooking until meat is no longer pink.
- Add bell pepper, and spices (through chipotle peppers – choose amount depending on heat preference) and saute for a minute, until fragrant.
- Add tomatoes, beans, and Coca-Cola, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Cover and cook for 30-45 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Top with your preferred ingredients and serve!
- 1 Rotisserie Chicken, meat shredded
- 8 oz. Greek yogurt
- 2 blocks reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 cups of colby jack cheese, shredded
- ½ cup of your favorite wing sauce (I like Frank’s)
- 10 ounces of your favorite beer (I used an amber, but it’s totally up to you!)
- 4 oz. blue cheese crumbles
- A BIG box of Ritz crackers!
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Mix all of the ingredients together (except the chicken, blue cheese & crackers).
- Gently stir in the chicken. Pour mixture into a greased 9×13 baking dish and top with blue cheese crumbles.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly and ooey-gooey.
- Serve with Ritz crackers and get ready for lots of praise!
What are your favorite football party foods? We gotta few more weeks of games left, so I’d love to mix up the spread!