Winner, Winner Chicken Dinner! Don’t forget to PIN this Crave-able Crunchy Oven Baked Chicken Recipe!
Y’all. I have an awesome recipe to share today. Like, pat-myself-on-the-back awesome. I’m loving it for so many reasons, but most of all because everyone (including picky-Will) asked for second. SECONDS! It’s one of those things that makes me wonder – why didn’t I think of this earlier?
It all started with a quest to turn a ordinary chicken dinner into something not-so ordinary. So, I did what we all do when looking for a chicken recipe. I went to Pinterest.
I found a lot of great ideas, but nothing that worked with what I had in my pantry. I loved the idea of an oven-baked “fried” chicken, but I didn’t have panko crumbs or cornflakes. What I did have though, ended up being the best part of my new recipe – Quaker® Oatmeal Squares.
I have a thing for Quaker® Oatmeal Squares. It’s one of those cereals that I can just eat straight out of the box. It’s sweet, but not too sweet. It’s totally crunchy. And, it’s is the perfect topper for my morning yogurt and berries.
Pulse it in the food processor, though, and I had a feeling it could be the perfect crunchy coating for oven-baked chicken. Turns out, I was right.
With a little seasoning, an egg wash dip, then a coating in Quaker® Oatmeal Squares crumbs, the chicken was ready to bake.
They turned perfectly golden after about 20 minutes in the oven. The maple + brown sugar + oregano + salt is the perfect combo for chicken! For our family supper we served this over a bed of Browned Butter & Sage Sweet Potatoes (recipe here), and a Kale Saute.
To make the kale, heat up a splash of olive oil in a large saute pan over medium high heat. Toss in a heaping pile of trimmed kale (it wilts a lot), then season with salt and pepper. I also added in one of my favorite spices – Garam Masala. Toss until wilted and the stems become slightly tender and serve.
- 1 1/2 pouds of chicken tenderloins
- 3 cups of Quaker® Oatmeal Squares cereal
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon of water
- 3 teaspoons of oregano, divided
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Season chicken on both sides with salt, pepper, and 1 teaspoon of oregano.
- Mix eggs and water in a small bowl.
- Pulse Quaker® Oatmeal Squares cereal until crushed, then pulse a few more times with melted butter, remaining oregano, and salt and pepper, and add to a medium sized bowl.
- Dip tenderloins into egg wash, then into cereal mixture patting crumbs onto each piece of chicken. Place tenderloins on parchment lined baking pan.
- Once the process is complete with each piece of chicken, bake for 20 minutes, or until crumb coating is golden and the chicken is cooked through.
Talk about the perfect Sunday Supper! Plus, you can get all of the ingredients for the recipe at Walmart – no hunting ingredients at specialty stores. When you’re there, check out all of the yum Quaker® cereals: Quaker® Real Medleys®, Quaker® Oatmeal Squares, Quaker® Simply Granola, Quaker® Life. Which is your favorite?