This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #CeraVeSkincare #CollectiveBias
Worried about summer skin woes? Don’t miss these healthy summer skin tips that will help you put your best face forward!
Despite the yo-yo weather goin’ on right now, we all know what’s coming… hot blazing summers. High humidity. A few lazy days by the pool, and a lot of really sweaty runs.
I’m not complaining. Well, maybe a little, but I’ll take warm weather over winter. I hate winter. Which is probably why I’m comfortably settled in the South and have declared never to leave.
The decades of Southern summers has done a lot for my spirit, but my skin has taken a little bit of a beating. Let’s be honest – the 90’s wasn’t super kind to any of us. Why-oh-why did I need spend all day in the sun? Covered in tanning oil with Sun-In in my hair? #ugh
Now, I’m making up for it. I still pretty much live outside still, but my habits are drastically different. Large hats. Cover ups. Sunscreen. Moisturizer with SPF. Know the drill?
Here are a few can’t miss tips for keeping your skin happy and healthy all summer long:
1) Start the day off right – Let me start off by saying I am not a high-maintenance lady. Since I work from home, I don’t do lots of makeup (or even put on a bra every morning). But I definitely make sure to apply CeraVe Facial Moisturizing Lotion over my face and neck.
With SPF 30 this light textured cream helps protect my skin from daily sun exposure and give just the right amount of moisture.
2) Vitamins with breakfast – I take a women’s multi-vitamin every morning to make sure my bases are covered. Beyond general health claims, Vitamins D, C, E and K have specific skin care benefits that I wanna take advantage of. Every little bit helps!
3) SPF prior to outdoor exercise – This is a MUST! Now that I’m unplugging the treadmill and hitting the pavement for my runs, my skin takes a true beating. Even just the 45 minutes of morning sun I get can really build up. I always make sure to liberally apply CeraVe SPF 50 Face Lotion over my face and neck and then a sweat proof sunscreen over my arms and legs.
I am a huge fan of the CeraVe sunscreen product which provides broad spectrum, lightweight sun protection plus vital ceramides. I’ve not found many facial sunscreens that hold up to sweaty runs, and this one is water resistant for up to 40 minutes but feels lightweight when applied.
4) Night-time routine – Remove makeup, wash and moisturize. Yeah, I apply the KISS principle to my skin care routine here, too. (KISS = Keep it simple, stupid). I’ve gone through decades of trying different products in different price ranges, and I’ve found – simple does it. My skin tone is more even (fewer dry patches in winter and fewer oily patches in summer) if I simply use a cleanser like CeraVe Foaming Facial Cleanser after removing any makeup. The CeraVe Fomaing Facial Cleanser is great; it removes dirt, oil and makeup while replenishing skin with ceramides and rinses off so easily.
Then I use a slightly thicker moisturizer like CeraVe Moisturizing Cream to complete the nightime skin care routine.
5) Yearly skin check – Does skin cancer run in your family? It does in mine. I go to the dermatologist annually and get my moles checked. It’s a quick 20 minute appointment. Sometimes they do a quick little mole removal, to be safe. When it comes to the “c” word, better safe they sorry. While you’re there they can also zap those little broken blood vessels that pregnancy left behind.
Why CeraVe products? Because they help replenish the vital ceramides healthy skin needs, are non-irritating and fragrance-free and most are also non-comedogenic.
Be sure to check out the selection at Walmart and grab the CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser, Foaming Facial Cleanser and Moisturizing Cream which will all three be available at $9.97 until 5/9/16! And be sure to get additional savings with this $2 off coupon!
What changes to you make to your skin care routine for the summer?
PS – ever wanna feel really silly? Do a selfie-photo shoot with no makeup and a camera next to your head. Good times. 😉