Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies – for those times when you can’t decide if you want brownies, cookies or cheesecake. Why not have all three? It’s Week 10 of #52WeeksofSweets!
This 52 Weeks of Sweets sounded good when I started out, but man. It’s a lot of dessert. If anyone needs a sweet treat, just pop on over. I’ve got plenty. This week, it’s Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies up for grabs. And if it didn’t make A TON, I wouldn’t be sharing. Because they are delish.
The recipe starts out with my favorite brownie recipe. It’s soooo easy, you’ll never need to buy a box mix again. When I make them for eating on their own (without cookies and cream cheese and more cookies), I brown the butter in them. And, man oh man are they killer.
You can totally skip that in this recipe though, as the slight nuance of brown butter is easily overlooked when you’ve got cream cheese to show off!
Oreo Cream Cheese Brownies
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Then, get started by preparing the brownie batter. You can skip my recipe and buy a box… but mine really is amazing. And did I mention how easy it is????
Once the batter is made, pour it a 9×13 baking dish lined with foil and greased. Top with the cookies. You’ll need to cut four in half to fit them into the extra space on the side.
Prepare the cream cheese filling in another bowl Spread it over the top of the cookies. Crumble any cookies that didn’t fit in the dish and sprinkle them over the cream cheese. Bake for 45 minutes.
You’ll want to cool these guys to room temperature, then chill for at least two hours prior to cutting and serving! ENJOY!
- For the Brownie Batter:
- 10 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 1/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, chilled
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon flour
- dash of salt
- Remaining Ingredients:
- 1 package chocolate sandwich cookies (like OREO)
- 24 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a 9x13 baking dish with aluminum foil and coat with cooking spray.
- Pour melted butter into a medium sized mixing bowl and stir in sugar, cocoa, 2 teaspoons of water, vanilla and a dash of salt. Stir to blend. Add in eggs one at a time, beating to blend after each addition. Once smooth and shiny, add in the flour and stir again... for about 1 minute.
- Pour the brownie batter into the baking dish. Top the batter with cookies. You'll need to cut four in half to fit in the extra spaces.
- Prepare the cream cheese mixture. In another large bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar until there are no lumps. Add in the egg and vanilla and stir until combined.
- Pour the cheesecake mixture over the cookies and smooth out to evenly cover them. Crush the remaining cookies and sprinkle them on top.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on the counter top to room temperature. You'll then want to chill the dish for at least two hours prior to slicing them into bars.