Save the expense and make this classic Asian takeaway favorite at home! Our easy sheet pan cashew chicken is delicious, colorful and full of your favorite veggies. See for yourself in our how-to recipe video!
It’s Friday, and it’s dreary. In this house, that typically means takeout and movie night. It’s time for food, cuddles and a family flick. But, I feel like our fam has been eating out a little too much these last few weeks, so instead of calling up our local Chinese delivery restaurant, I’ll be making a favorite Asian dish at home: Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken.
Sheet Pan dinners are all the rage, and it’s pretty obvious why. Easy to make and easy to clean up. Making them the perfect solution for Friday nights when you’d rather spend time on the couch instead of in the kitchen.
Besides it’s simplicity, this Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken is top on my list because I can use up whatever veggies are left in the fridge from the week, making it the perfect eat the rainbow recipe. And cashews? They are my fave!!! I keep them on hand in my pantry so I cam make this dish whenever I want.
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken How-To Video
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken Recipe
Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken
Yield 4 servings
Save the expense and make this classic Asian takeaway favorite at home! Our easy sheet pan cashew chicken is delicious, colorful and full of your favorite veggies.
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons sesame oil
1 teaspoon ginger paste
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1/2 cup chicken stock
Sheet Pan Ingedients
2 large chicken breasts, cut into 1 1/2" chunks
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups broccoli florets
1 bell pepper, seeds removed and cut into chunks
1 onion, chopped
1 1/2 cups sugar snap peas,
1/2 cup cashews
Garnish: extra cashews, cilantro, sesame seeds and sriracha
- Preheat an oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat. Add all of the sauce ingredients to the pan and bring to a gentle simmer, stirring often, until the sauce thickens and begins to bubble. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Coat a baking sheet with cooking spray. Season chicken with salt and pepper, scatter on the baking sheet, then drizzle half of the sauce on top, stirring to coat. Cook in the preheated oven for 9-10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and scatter the vegetables and cashews over top. Drizzle with a few more tablespoons of sauce.
- Return the pan to the oven and cook an additional 8 minutes or so, until chicken is cooked through.
- Serve on top of rice, and garnished with remaining sauce, cashews, cilantro, sesame seeds and sriracha, if desired.
Yum!!! Don’t you wanna just dive right in? Ready for my other secret? I make the rice for this dish in my rice cooker – one of my favorite kitchen appliances. Just dump the rice and water in and press start. I never have to worry about mushy rice or it sticking to the bottom of the pot! I always make a little extra so I have leftovers for this fried rice recipe later in the week.