Roasted Red Grape Pizza
Yield 4 servings
Roasted Grape Pizza may seem fancy (or weird). But it's pizza, so it's not! Bring the classic fruit and cheese combo to the supper table with our delicious and easy to make white pizza topped with ricotta and roasted grapes!
1 ball of fresh pizza dough
2 cups seedless red grapes
2 Tb. olive oil + more for drizzling
salt to taste
fresh rosemary and thyme sprigs
1/2 cup fresh ricotta cheese
zest of one lemon
1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the grapes with olive oil, a pinch of salt and fresh herbs.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until bursting. Remove the tray from the oven, but keep it on.
- Roll out the pizza dough on a pizza pan, drizzle with a touch of olive oil, and prick the crust with a fork. Cook the crust until it becomes slightly cooked... about 5 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, and spread a layer of ricotta cheese on top of the crust. Sprinkle with lemon zest, and remaining cheeses. Remove the grapes from the baking sheet with a slotted spoon, making sure not to get to much juice on the pizza. Sprinkle with fresh rosemary leaves.
- Return the pizza to the oven and bake another 10-12 minutes or until the crust and cheese is golden. If you prefer, place the pizza under the broiler for the final minute or two of cooking.
- Serve immediately, and get ready to be impressed!
Recipe by Forks and Folly at http://forksandfolly.com/2018/02/roasted-grape-pizza/