Don’t limit tacos to Tuesday! Our Blackened Fish Tacos are bursting with flavor and color. Mix and match your favorite seafood and veggies to adapt the recipe to your tastes for any night of the week.
When I need something easy to serve the whole family, I often rely on tacos. Kind of like eating something from a stick, all of my boys love dinner if it comes in a taco shell. And while it sometimes surprise me to see them try something new just because it’s in a taco, I’m NOT complaining!
Feel free to mix and match the ingredients to suit the tastes of your family. I love these Blackened Fish Tacos with shrimp and peppers. Topped with quick-pickled onions, fresh salsa and cotija cheese, it’s a winning combination. This recipe also works well with cod or tilapia. And, if you’re not into seafood, try it with chicken instead!
Blackened Fish Tacos
In a large bowl add 1 lb. shrimp, 1 Tb. chili powder and 1 tsp. each paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and add the seasoned shrimp. Cook for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and keep warm.
To the same skillet, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil the sliced bell peppers and the sliced yellow onion. Saute until tender about 5-7 minutes. Remove to a serving platter along with the shrimp.
Serve in tortillas with your favorite toppings!
Blackened Fish Tacos
Don't limit tacos to Tuesday! Our Blackened Fish Tacos are bursting with flavor and color. Mix and match your favorite seafood and veggies to adapt the recipe to your tastes for any night of the week.
Blackened Fish Tacos:
1 lb. shrimp
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp each: paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder & salt
1 each: red bell, green bell and yellow pepper, sliced into strips
1 large yello onion, sliced
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 red onion, sliced
1/3 cup red wine vinegar
1 Tb. sugar
1 Tb. oregano
Red pepper flakes, to taste
Taco shells - corn or flour
Cojita cheese (if not dairy-free)
- In a large bowl add shrimp, chili powder, paprika, onion powder, cumin, garlic powder, and salt. Set aside.
- In a skillet over medium high heat, add 1 Tablespoon olive oil, one sliced red and green bell peppers, and a sliced yellow onion. Saute until tender about 5-7 minutes. Slide to the side of the skillet
- Add 1 Tablespoon olive oil and shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until no longer pink.
- Serve in tortillas with pickled onions and your favorite toppings.
Here are some of my other favorite taco recipes, for your dining pleasure!
- Grilled Shrimp and Peach Summer Tacos
- Gluten-Free Tacos with Hidden Veggies
- Spinach and Ricotta Wild Mushroom Tacos
- Hearty Veggie Sweet Potato Tacos
- Banh Mi Style Pork Tacos with Pickled Veggies
- Roasted Cauliflower and Black Bean Tacos
- Easy Bang Bang Style Shrimp Tacos
- Slow Cooker Beef Tacos for Dragons