Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Creamy Ranch Dressing
Yield 4 servings
These Chicken Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Creamy Ranch Dressing are Paleo-diet friendly, but are a great way to enjoy comfort food at it's best no matter what diet you're following!
4 sweet potatoes (or lettuce wraps, if preferred)
2 cups cooked chicken
1 egg, room temperature
1 Tbsp. mustard
1 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
1 cup neutral flavored oil
1 can Thai Kitchen coconut milk
1 tsp. dried parsley
1 tsp. dried dill
1 tsp. dried oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Paleo friendly hot sauce, optional
- Begin by baking the sweet potatoes. Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a baking sheet with foil. Scrub four sweet potatoes and pierce them with a knife. Cook for 40 minutes, or until a knife inserted in the center pierces the potato easily. Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. If your diet does not allow for sweet potatoes, you can use lettuce wraps instead for the chicken and dressing.
- To make the dressing, we start with making a basic mayonnaise. Add egg, mustard, vinegar, and a pinch of salt to your high-powered blender and process for 20 seconds. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, and turn the blender back on, removing the center cap. Begin to slowly add the oil in tiny drops until about a quarter of the oil has been added. Once the mixture is begins to thicken add the remaining oil in a thin stream.
- When all of the oil has been added, scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl and process for an extra 10 seconds. Taste for seasoning then add salt or extra vinegar to taste. If the mayo seems too thin, slowly stream in more oil with the blender running until thick.
- Remove 1/4 cup of the mayo and reserve for another purpose, about 3/4 cup of mayonnaise should remain in the blender. To it, add the coconut milk, parsley, dill, oregano, salt and pepper. Process until smooth.
- Cut open the potatoes and top with cooked chicken. Pour ranch dressing over top and sprinkle with hot sauce. Serve immediately. Use the leftover dressing for veggie sticks, salads, and more!
Recipe by Forks and Folly at http://forksandfolly.com/2019/01/paleo-chicken-stuffed-sweet-potatoes-creamy-ranch-dressing/