Guinness Chocolate Cake with Baileys Cream Cheese Icing
Green beer is one way to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. The better way is with a slice of Guinness Chocolate Cake with Baileys Cream Cheese Icing!
1 cup Guinness stout
10 Tbsp. butter
3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup whole-fat Greek yogurt
2 large eggs
1 Tbsp. vanilla
2 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp. baking soda
1 3/4 cup powdered sugar
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
1/3 cup Baileys Irish Cream
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9" springform pan with parchment paper and coat with cooking spray.
- In a small sauce pan, combine Guinness and butter. Cook over medium heat until butter is melted. Remove from heat and add cocoa and sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In a bowl, combine sour cream, eggs and vanilla. Mix well. Add Guinness mixture, stirring to combine, then sift in flour and baking soda. Whisk until smooth.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, use a stand mixer to beat together icing ingredients until smooth.
- Once completely cool, ice the top of the cake and serve!
Recipe by Forks and Folly at http://forksandfolly.com/2019/03/guinness-chocolate-cake-baileys-icing/