This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Sargento®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Easy. Tasty. Ooey-Gooey. These Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets are your answer to comfort food from the grill.
Getting settled into the school year comes at a price. That price? It’s me. I’m exhausted. My cooking style is turning into “whatever it takes to get ‘er done.” I know that as a food blogger, that may come as a shock. But even food bloggers can suffer from burnout.
Foil packets on the grill have more or less saved my evenings. With very little prep (and even less cleanup), I can make an easy and tasty meal on the grill. Actually, it’s so easy even my husband can cook up this simple meal. Sorry to throw you under the bus, babe, but you know it’s true!
If foil packet dinners sound boring, stay tuned. We’re amping up the flavor with ooey-gooey Sargento® Sliced Cheese; it’s 100% Real, Natural Cheese. Available in the dairy section at Harris Teeter, you’ll find the perfect Sargento Sliced Cheese to pair with your choice of veggies. Available in Sharp Cheddar, Ultra Thin, and Blends, there’s a variety for everything!
Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets Combos
My fridge always boasts a random assortment of veggies, which turns out works great for mixing and matching foil packets to individual tastes. As long as you chop the veggies uniformly, using an assortment of vegetables won’t mess up your cooking times.
Chicken, Broccoli and Cheddar Foil Packet
These Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets happen to be my fave. With Sargento Sliced Sharp Cheddar Cheese, it bites back! Flavorful enough to stand on its own, this cheddar version adds zing to everything from a burger to apple pie to the ultimate grilled cheese. It is PERFECT with chicken and broccoli.
Chicken, Mushrooms and Provolone Foil Packet
If you want to switch it up and try a different variety, this one with Sargento Ultra Thin Provolone Cheese Slices is great for entertaining! This mild, smoke-flavored provolone cheese adds the perfect taste to sandwiches, burgers, pitas and THESE foil packets!
Chicken, Peppers and 2-Cheese Cheddar Foil Packet
For another Sargento variety option, these Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Packets with Sargento® Blends™ 2 Cheese Cheddar Slices takes on the flavors of fajitas! This unique blend of natural cheeses combines white & mild cheddars to bring a one of a kind experience to your wraps, deli creations & every sandwich in between.
Do I Have to Cook Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets on the Grill?
Do your fall and winter seasons actually bring cool temps (aren’t you lucky??). Fret not. These foil packets can also be made in the oven, and they taste just as great!
Stock up on Sargento at Harris Teeter now!
Shop for Sargento® Slices at Harris Teeter between 11/1/18 – 11/31/18, and you can save $0.75 off ONE (1) Sargento Sliced Cheese (must be redeemed by 12/31/18) with this coupon offer. Need some more recipe inspiration? Click here!
Add this Cheesy Chicken and Veggie Foil Packets pin to your Comfort Food Board on Pinterest!
- 4 cups frozen grilled chicken strips
- 4 cups mixed fresh vegetables, chopped to 1-inch pieces
- 1 envelope of onion soup mix
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 4 slices of Sargento® Cheese Slices
- Preheat your grill to medium high. If using the oven, preheat it to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange 1 cup of chicken and 1 cup of vegetables on double lined aluminum foil. Fold up the edges, but don't seal them yet. Repeat the process to create four packets.
- Mix together the onion seasoning with olive oil and water. Pour 1/4 of the mixture of each packet. Seal each packet tightly.
- Place each packet on the grill or in the oven. Cook for 20 minutes, or until the chicken is completely warmed through and the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from heat and CAREFULLY open each packet to create a "nest". Hot steam WILL escape.
- Place one piece of cheese on top of each packet and return them to the grill or oven. Cook until cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat and serve.