This has been a week of cautionary experiences, favorite things and holiday goodness. I thought I’d share a few things that might work their way into your coming week(s) and make them a little brighter.
- First things first, I learned a very important lesson this week and that is…. my toddler can open the car door. From the inside. While I’m driving. Fortunately, this happened while I was turning into my neighborhood and not whizzing down an interstate where the door could have been sheared off by a passing car or God knows what else. That being said, we now use the child-safety lock on the car that prohibits one from opening that car door from the inside. I never would have thought to use it before this experience. Perhaps, y’all should consider it.
- I made a dessert recipe from Southern Living for a family dinner on Sunday night. It’s now my new favorite pregnancy snack. The chocolate version is to die for. Or at least worth gaining a few pounds for. Make sure to print off the recipe for these Salted Carmel Pecan Bars and add them to your dessert repertoire!
- (Spoiler alert for some of my friends and family!) If you’re still stuck on holiday gift ideas, but feel the pressure of the clock bearing down on you, put together one of these simple packages that you can fit into whatever budget you’re working with – (1) Champagne Gift Set: Package a bottle of champagne, a few bottles homemade or purchased fruit syrups, and glassware (optional) into a wine bucket or large bowl. (2) Movie Gift Set: Package favorite movies (or favorite television series DVD’s) along with popcorn seeds or microwave popcorn, popcorn flavorings and toppings, and candy into a large popcorn bowl. Voila.
- My playgroup had our annual holiday party last night at Polished, a local nail salon. I really wanted a manicure for all of the holiday parties and events coming up, but hate how manicures chip so quickly. No longer, my friends. There are now two new products, Shellac and Axiom, which provide your nails with a gel coating guaranteed not to chip for two weeks. I’ve been told it can last up to a month. Hurray for pretty nails! Warning: the polish does have to be professionally removed, so plan accordingly.
- I was totally dreading going to the Post Office to purchase stamps. The lines overwhelm me, and who wants to wait in line with the toddler? Well, if you are in the vicinity of the UPS store in Blakeney or the UPS store off of Fairview Rd., I was at both in the last few days and neither had any lines. At all. Plus they sell stamps. Phew. Now I can send out those darn holiday cards I was so excited about ordering on time only to have them sit on my counter waiting to get stamps!
Happy weekend everyone!