Game Day gets serious with this amazing Pork Jerky Macaroni and Cheese Recipe! Fans will be raving no matter who wins!
I’m ready, are you? Sunday is a serious game day, and I’ve been cooking and decorating in anticipation. It’s been a long time since fans in my area have had a team stick in the playoffs this long, and we’re giddy with excitement.
I’ve been sharing loads of football party ideas on the blog this week, but this one, this recipe, is probably my favorite. Why? Well, first because it’s macaroni and cheese.
For those of you that don’t know, I’ve kinda got a thing for mac ‘n cheese. It’s why I run.
The second reason it’s my favorite? Because it has pork in it. If you’re from Carolina, chances are you have a thing for pork. And, well, mac ‘n cheese.
So when the two marry? It’s game time folks. Ready to cheer on the home team this Sunday? Be sure to pick up your Game Day supplies and party food items at World Market to host the football extravaganza no one will soon forget.
But before we get ahead of ourselves, let’s get down to business – Carolina-style Pork Jerky Mac ‘n Cheese. Didn’t think that was going to happen, did you? Pork. Jerky. Mac ‘n Cheese. 🙂
Meanwhile, chop up the Krave Black Cherry Barbecue Pork Jerky. Think bacon-bit size. With way more flavor and punch!
Now it’s time to make the sauce. Starting with butter, milk, and flour, then adding cheese. Oh my goodness!
Toss all the good stuff together (reserving a bit of cheese and pork jerky) and pour into a greased casserole dish.
Top with reserved cheese and jerky, along with several pads of butter then bake at 350 for 40 minutes or so.
Feel free to invite guests and share or just dig in! 😉
If you do happen to invite some pals, they’ll love these fun treats from World Market!
Beer Nuts, Utz Pretzels, and drinks to match your home team color are some easy ways to keep the guests full until the Carolina-style Perk Jerky Mac ‘n Cheese comes out of the oven.
Keep pounding, folks!
- 2 bags of Krave Black Cherry Barbecue Pork Jerky
- 1 pound pasta
- 6 cups Milk
- 4 cups shredded cheese
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese (grated)
- 6 tbsp Butter, plus more for top of casserole
- 6 tbsp Flour
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 tsp Salt
- Start by preheating your oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven is preheating, boil the pasta per package directions.
- Chop the jerky into small bits.
- Prepare the sauce by melting butter in a sauce pan. Add your milk, flour, and dry mustard to the butter once it is melted. Bring to a slight simmer, then add cheese (reserve a bit for the top), stir until smooth ad remove from heat.
- Stir in pasta and jerky bits (reserve a bit for the top).
- Grease a casserole pour in the pasta mixture. Top with pads of butter, and the leftover cheese and pork jerky. Bake for 40 minutes or until golden and bubbly
Hosting your own shindig? Be sure to enter the Enter Cost Plus World Market’s Ultimate Football Fan Party Sweepstakes to win a $2,000 World Market Gift Card & the Bay Area’s Favorite Snacks! Ends 1/29/16 !