This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BringTheTropicsHome #CollectiveBias
Planning a staycation? Bring the tropics home with these 5 beachy staycation DIY tips!
Sure, a tropical getaway sounds fab. Until you realize you have kids. And it’s darn expensive. And you’d have to pack your entire house into a suitcase. And wrangle the kids on an airplane. And share one hotel room with three kids. Ugh. Yep, crashing waves, tropical flora, and margaritas sound amazing, until you introduce reality to the scenario.
Whether the thought of travel with the kids stresses you out, or it’s just not in the budget right now, why not plan a Tropical STAY-cation that the whole family will love. And at the end? You won’t need a vacation from your vacation!
Here are five ways to get the beachy-tropical-feel-good-smell-good fun right at home!
1) Turn your home into a hotel! Buy a few orchids and place them in each room. Get a sound machine and set it on the ocean setting. Get robes for each member of the family for the occasion. And get some tropical scented toiletries for the week.
2) You can’t drop all your chores, but you can have more fun doing them. Make even the most mundane tasks (ahem-laundry) an experience with all® Fresh Tropical Mist™, available at Walmart. Pop on some Bob Marley tunes and dance away while you fold your laundry, taking in the scents of flowers and the beach. Get the whole family involved and give out prizes to the first ones to fold their clothes!
To find NEW all® Fresh Tropical Mist in store near you, visit all®’s website and click Where to Buy! And don’t forget to clip this coupon for $1 off!
3) Luau Night! Turn your backyard into a luau party! Decorate your table with lights (even Christmas lights will do!) and inexpensive luau party supplies from your local party center. Pick up some pulled pork, sushi, and fresh fruit salads. Or try these pork and pineapple kabobs for the grill. Find a luau station on Pandora. Bust out the broomstick and do the limbo. Chances are – everyone will have a great time!
4) Water fun! Spend the day by a pool or a lake. Bust out the sprinklers and water guns. Go to a waterpark. Or just fill a bucket with water. No tropical experience is complete without some time by some water. And don’t worry about getting messy or making extra laundry. With everyone helping with the chores, and with all®’s trusted stain fighting power even the toughest stains like grass, mud, and grape juice don’t stand a chance.
5) Plan at least one day to relax without the kids. Get a sitter/neighbor/kind-stranger (haha) to watch the kiddos and get massages. Or try a new restaurant. Or take naps.
Do you have any staycations planned? How do you plan to bring the beauty of the tropics home?1 Yum