Here’s what’s hot, right now:
1. I am lovin’ Camera Plus for the iPhone. I’m still using Instagram, but became slightly bugged that I had to edit my photo prior to saving (making it difficult to take multiple pictures in a row). And, it was a major bummer that the images weren’t print quality!
Well, for $1.99, my woes have been put to rest. I have more filters than I know what to do with, can take all the pictures I want and then am able to edit them at a later time. Plus, I can easily upload them to Shutterfly, and they’ll be ready to print! Does it get any easier? Me thinks not.
2. I’m getting in on the whole/real foods trend. We’ll see how long it lasts, but I’m beginning to replace pantry staples with make-it-your-own replacements. No more jarred marinara sauce or nutri-grain bars. Bye bye prepared hummus and bottled dressing. I’m not saying I won’t ever use it again…. just giving it a go to see what changes I can make.
Here are a few recipes I found to replace some of our family’s favorite processed foods:
- Make your own cereal bars (recipe from fellow Chiquita Mom, Tricia C. of Once a Month Mom): http://onceamonthmom.com/homemade-cereal-bar-cookies/
- Spicy Black Bean Hummus
- Buttermilk Vinaigrette and Chipotle Dressing
- Cake Mixes
3. I heart smoothies. Whether it’s due to lack of time or just general laziness, I’m finding myself not eating a regular meal during the day, but instead having large-ish snacks throughout the morning and afternoon. One of my favorites is this Banana Berry Smoothie. It’s yum and healthy. What a great combo!
Banana Berry Smoothie
1 1/4 cups orange juice
1 1/4 cups frozen mixed berries
1 cup sliced ripe Chiquita banana
1/2 cup vanilla fat-free yogurt
1/3 cup nonfat dry milk (powedered)
1 tablespoon sugar
Preparation: Combine all ingredients in a blender; process until smooth.
4. Summer Camp. You best get on it if you want the most options! Considering shipping your little one off for a few mornings this summer? I am! I don’t know how I’m going to get by all summer without pre-school! For the best selection, go ahead and book it!
Not sure where to go? Check out Art Buzz Kids and the summer camp options at Monkey Joe’s. Both have fun options for the tots. Plus, they’ll be sure to be worn out, guaranteeing some quiet time in the afternoon. Woo hoo!
*Chiquita, Art Buzz Kids, and Monkey Joe’s are sponsors of CMF and/or the SCP, however all opinions are of my own and commentaries are written by me without direction of the sponsors.