This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #HappyThanksGathering #CollectiveBias
Don’t miss these great tips for making your home ready for guests during the holidays!
With three kids and busy schedules, we tend to stay home during the holidays. Which means… our house is always open to our friends and family that live out of town, and we have a lot of visitors. I love hosting and having a full house, so it works out well.
Because I want my guests to enjoy their stay (and want to come back), I like to do a few little extra things that will make visitors feel at home. You’ll want to make sure you utilize the tips for preparing for guests.
1) Create a Treat Tray for your guests to enjoy during their stay. I like to lay out a few snacks, fresh flowers, a magazine or two, and a bottle of water.
2) Make sure there are extra hangers in your coat closet. You’ll not want winter coats strewn around your house while entertaining, and it’s a nice touch for guests to have a spot for their things while visiting.
3) Stock up the Keurig! Everyone in my family is a coffee drinker, so I make sure to have regular, decaf, and flavored coffees, teas, and cappuccino K-cups so that guests can make their own beverage if they wake early or need an afternoon pick-me-up!
4) Clean up the guest room. It’s a guest room, so it doesn’t get constant use and is not always covered in the weekly cleaning.
I like to keep I like to keep Windex® Original Glass Wipes and Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Cleaning Gel in the guest bathroom in the guest bathroom. The wipes are perfect for giving mirrors and and counters a quick wipe.
And we can’t have your mother-in-law find a pink ring in the toilet! Give the toilet a quick scrub, then use the Scrubbing Bubbles® Toilet Cleaning Gel to quickly and expertly ensure that your reputation as Domestic Goddess remains in tact. The discreet gel disc sits just under the rim.
It’ll last up for up to 12 days of freshness, and if they stay longer than that… ??? Good luck to ya. Or just insert another gel disc. 😉
5) Stock up the guest bathroom with a few toiletry items that they may have left at home. I always keep travel sizes of shampoos and conditioners, tooth paste, (new!) deoderant, razor blades, hair spray and floss for guest use, as well as extra tooth brushes from dentist visits and a hair dryer.
Oh, and one more thing: Purchase three qualifying SC Johnson products, and get $5 off holiday photos at the Walmart Photo Center! A little something to remember the visit by!