Ever try your hand at making wine? Here’s a fun Spiced Apple Wine recipe to give a go from guest blogger Leona Green!
When it comes to fine dining, a bottle of wine is a must-have in every table. You can usually purchase these products in your local stores, or even in online shops. But sometimes, searching for the right item to satisfy your palette can be a really cumbersome task. If you feel that the available choices are not that appealing, then you can always opt to create your very own alcoholic beverage.
This project may look difficult and expensive, but in fact, it is not. To put it simply, making your own wine is all about mixing the right ingredients and waiting for it to become fermented. In addition, you do not need a lot of materials in doing it.
One of the easiest drinks that you can try is the homemade spiced apple wine. So to help you get started, here’s the tasty and unique spiced apple wine recipe that you can try at home. Have fun brewing!
- 10 lb. Gala apples
- 2 lb. golden raisins, chopped
- 3 lb. sugar
- 1 gal. water
- 2 oz. cloves
- 4 inches cinnamon sticks
- 2 oz. ginger roots, shredded
- 1 teaspoon acid blend
- 1 teaspoon pectin enzyme (available on Amazon)
- 1 Campden tablet (available at Walmart)
- Sauterne wine yeast and nutrient (available on Amazon)
- Remove the seeds of the apples, and then run them through the mincer.
- Pour all of the ingredients, save for the yeast and nutrient into your first fermentation vessel.
- Store the container in a warm area and let it sit for a day.
- Afterwards, pour the yeast and nutrients. Make sure that you stir well.
- Cover the mixture and let it sit for four days. Stir the wine twice every day.
- Pour the mixture into the secondary fermentation container and add the airlock.
- After 30 days, remove any sediment from the wine by racking it.
- Repeat Step 7 after two months.
- If the wine is already clear and free from sediments, store it in a bottle.
- Allow the drink to mature after one year. However, you can do an initial taste test after six months.
There you have it! It’s super easy, right? This homemade beverage can easily be paired with other delicious meals like roasted chicken, pasta, and fish. If you know other winemaking tips, don’t hesitate to post them in the comments section below!