Would you like to be a happier YOU? Adopt a few easy habits into your family’s lifestyle for big impact – for you and the Earth!
Day three of spring break. Y’all doing as well as I am? Hahahaha. This little teaser of what summer promises to be is eye-opening. I have a feeling that come summer, Summer Camp is going to make me a very happy momma.
Sure, summer camp is awesome – for the kids and the parents. But as it turns out, money, beauty, friends, cars and camp – aren’t the only sources of happiness. It’s time to add green living to the list.
The #RenewableLiving campaign is the latest evolution of the world’s first social experiment in renewability and scientific study commissioned by Tetra Pak. It found that consumers have the power to be happier by adopting simple, renewable habits to protect the earth’s natural resources. Making small changes can not only greatly benefit the environment, but your happiness level too.
I embraced the #RenewableLiving challenge, and turns out (for the most part), I think they’re right. So what did I do?
1) When grocery shopping, my family and I chose food and beverage products with renewable packaging, like TetraPak cartons. This was a fun and easy challenge for me.
Not only did I prefer the brands that came in TetraPak cartons, but… I found that I liked the options available with them, like Hunts Petite Diced Tomatoes and The Original Soupman soups! Perfect for my foodie-self.
2) Take shorter showers. This is the only one I have contention with. Showers are my bliss. I ain’t cutting back. But, I am working on transitioning my middle child from baths to showers which promises to cut down on water usage. Baby steps.
3) Bike or walk whenever possible. Jonnie for the win. My husband bicycles everywhere. And he can attest to the fact that it certainly makes him a happier person. Although I’m not big on bikes, I do enjoy my runs, and I much prefer them outdoors and with a destination in mind over being a hamster on the treadmill wheel.
4) Swap your paper coffee cup for a mug. Score. No problem there. Let me pat myself on the back.
5) Take the Tetra Pak Happiness Quiz . Turns out… I’m one happy camper. Just like my kids will be this summer!
The Tetra Pak brand is founded on a promise: PROTECT WHAT’S GOOD. Their packaging and processing solutions are making the food consumed by hundreds of millions of people in more than 170 countries safe, available and affordable.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.