How fast can you open a few cans? That’s how quick our Easy Vegetarian Taco Soup comes together. With double the cheese and Italian Sausage Crumbles, this soup is spoon-lickin’ great.
As much as I love a salad, I’m SO. OVER. IT. I’m ready to warm my belly with all the comfort foods of fall. STAT. You too? Glad we’re on the same page. Quite literally. 😉
‘Cuz I’m about ready to blow your minds with the easiest, cheesiest, vegetarian taco soup you’ve ever had.
Mic drop. 🎤
Because life is better when balanced, and we have a bevy of vegetarian friends and family, I’ve made this soup with MorningStar Farms® Italian Sausage Crumbles. I’m not lying when I admit my family didn’t even notice that I swapped out the meat sausage for a plant-based version! MorningStar Farms® products are not only for vegetarians, but they are also for everyone!
A vegetarian alternative to ground beef, MorningStar Farms® Italian Sausage Crumbles, the choice I made four our vegetarian taco soup, make a welcoming, savory addition to pasta dishes, chili, veggie sloppy joes, and more. It’s a quick, convenient meat-free meal at lunch or dinner. To prepare, heat it in the skillet, microwave, or stir into soups like this one!
And because life is better with cheese, we’re doubling up. Easy melt cheese makes the soup extra creamy. Shredded cheddar gives it an ooey-gooey factor. Yep, you’re in for a treat, folks!
Let’s Make Some Easy Cheesy Vegetarian Taco Soup
Mix the canned veggies, broth and seasoning in a stock pan and bring to a simmer.
Stir in the Italian Sausage Crumbles and mix well.
Time to add the cheeses! Once it’s simmering again, add in the cheeses and stir until melted.
Y’all…it’s THAT easy! Serve with your favorite soup garnishes like tortilla strips and avocado.
Easy Cheesy Vegetarian Taco Soup Ingredients
All of the ingredients in our Easy Cheesy Vegetarian Taco Soup can be found at Walmart, including the MorningStar Farms® Italian Sausage Crumbles which is a NEW item available in the frozen foods section at Walmart. Get Cash Back on Ibotta with MorningStar Farms® while supplies last.
- 1 package MorningStar Farms® Italian Sausage Crumbles
- 2 cans 14.5 oz. diced tomatoes with chiles
- 1 can whole kernel corn, rinsed and drained
- 1 can kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 package of taco seasoning
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- 16 oz. easy melt cheese, cubed (like Velveeta)
- 1 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, cilantro, sliced avocado, and tortilla strips
- Add diced tomatoes, corn, beans, taco seasoning packet, and broth to a large stockpot. Bring to a simmer.
- Stir in Italian Sausage Crumbles and return the soup to a simmer.
- Stir in cheeses, and cook stirring often until the cheese has melted and the mixture is just bubbling.
- Remove from heat and garnish with toppings as desired.
Need some more vegetarian food inspiration?
Add This Easy Cheesy Vegetarian Taco Soup To Your Soups and Stews Pinterest Board!