Not much about 2021 has proven to be simple thus far. But, we’re only 2 weeks in. So I’m here to add some ‘easy’ to your routine – in the way of sheet pan pancakes.
Sheet Pan cooking is the best kind of cooking, mostly because it means little clean up effort. And sheet pan breakfasts? Yes please. I’ll take any short cut to make it easier on my mornings. I’m not much for anything before my requisite one pot o’ coffee. But I can handle this sheet pan pancake recipe – and I can make four kinds at once.
No, it’s not magic. It’s just a basic pancake recipe, poured into a sheet pan and topped with a variety of ingredients that all moms have on hand – like sprinkles, chocolate chips, and brown sugar.
Tips for making Ultimate Sheet Pan Pancakes
Y’all. This Ultimate Sheet Pan Pancakes recipe is so easy, it’s hard to mess up. But there are a few things to keep in mind as you embark on the breakfast recipe of your dreams. First – you need a big pan. I use these baker’s half sheet pans for all the things – and they are especially great for sheet pan dinners (or breakfasts).
Another thing – don’t over-mix the batter. I prefer light and fluffy pancakes instead of frisbees. You too? Then just remember, it’s okay to have a few lumps when you pour the batter in.
And yeah, ok, this one’s important, too. We’re preheating the oven to 500 degrees while we’re making the batter, but as soon as you put the sheet pan in the oven – don’t forget to REDUCE THE TEMPERATURE! The high heat ensures a perfectly golden pancake, but reducing the heat means they won’t burn.
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s get cooking. Feel free to come up with new topping variations and share them with us! Let’s bring some happy to our mornings this year!
Ultimate Sheet Pan Pancakes - 4 Ways!
Sheet Pan Pancakes 4 Ways! Make this sheet pan breakfast - chocolate chip, confetti, brown sugar, & strawberry - and get ready for rave reviews.
- 2 ¾ cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- 4 Tbsp, butter, melted
- Maple syrup, for serving
- 2 Tbsp. strawberry jam, warmed
- ½ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup rainbow sprinkles
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 500 degree Fahrenheit. Brush 2 Tbsp. of melted butter onto a half sheet bake pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together buttermilk, eggs, salt and sugar until combined. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Pour the buttermilk mixture into the dry ingredients and fold together until just combined. The mixture will be lumpy. (If making the cinnamon sugar flavor variation, reserve two tablespoons of batter in a small bowl and set aside.)
- Pour batter onto prepared pan.
- To make four-flavored pancakes:
Corner 1: Sprinkle with chocolate chips
Corner 2: Scatter with rainbow sprinkles
Corner 3: Dollop warm strawberry jam and use a toothpick to swirl into the batter. Top with sliced strawberries.
Corner 4: Add cinnamon and brown sugar to reserved batter and stir to combine. Dollop onto the fourth corner and use a toothpick to swirl into the batter.
- Place the sheet pan into the oven and IMMEDIATELY reduce the heat to 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Bake for 18-20 minutes, or until set.
- Remove the pancake from the oven and brush with remaining butter. Allow to cool slightly before cutting. Serve with maple syrup and enjoy!
Want some other fab sheet pan recipes?
Forks and Folly has you covered with some more great sheet pan recipes. Try this Sheet Pan Breakfast for Dinner Hash, if like me, you believe eggs should be served all day! This Easy-Peasy Sheet Pan Sausage Dinner is another favorite. I almost always have the ingredients for this recipe on hand. And finally, this Kung Pao Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner will have you cooking instead of ordering take out the next time you’re craving Chinese!
This has got to be the best thing ever! Especially as I usually have to make two different types of pancakes and rarely get mine hot.
You’ll love ’em! Everyone gets their favorite toppings and they are all done at once! Winning!