This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, Walmart Family Mobile. All opinions are mine alone. #SummerIsForSavings #CollectiveBias #WFM1
Heading out to the pool or the beach with the kids? Be sure to check out these six apps for pool day fun to make sure you get the most out of your summer!
It’s hot outside. I have three kids. I need to keep them all entertained. Naturally, we’re heading to the pool.
It always sounds good in theory. Until you realize, you have to pack your entire house into a bag to take with you, only to get to the pool and have to fight to the death for a lounge chair in the shade. Things only get better from there…
Eyes on the kids, at all times. All three of them. Is that even possible? Forget the days of yore. Magazines are for the 20 year-old singletons. The only time I’m reading a magazine is if I’ve locked myself in the bathroom.
Instead, I’ve found six apps for pool day fun. These apps will help keep you safe, entertained, and well fed to ensure you make the best of that hard earned chaise in the shade.
I’ve secured all of these apps for free using Google Play on my LG L59 – Grace. When paired with the $49.88 PLUS Plan, powered by T-Mobile, I get Unlimited Talk, Text, & Data which includes up to 15GB of 4G LTE† (then 2G*) for just $49.88! The $49.88 PLUS Plan is perfect for me and my family, and helps us stay within a reasonable budget for our mobile phone usage.
The $49.88 PLUS Plan enjoys nationwide coverage on T-Mobile’s 4G LTE† network, no contract, no activation fee, no late fees, and makes it easy to start or switch providers. Even better? Customers on the $49.88 PLUS Plan will receive a free VUDU◊ movie rental credit valued at $7.00 each time they renew their service.
Ready to get this fun in the sun started? Let’s do it!
Six Apps for Pool Day Fun
1) Pandora – sure, we all know why Pandora is awesome. But, have you checked out their beach music stations? I’m so digging the ‘Laid Back Beach Music’ station. It’s the perfect backdrop for a day by the pool. Pop in your ear buds or bust out the speakers, because our party is just getting started!
2) Weather Underground – My husband turned me on to this amazing weather app. Get hyper-local weather updates to ensure you stay on top of the weather forecast. Follow the radar, know when it’s likely to rain, and check on the humidity to be sure the only swimming you do is in the pool.
3) Audible – If you haven’t read a book since you’ve had kids, it’s time you get in on Audible, Amazon’s answer to books on tape. Get your first book free, and opt to sign up for the monthly credit programs. You’ll discover old and new favorites that allow you to listen to all of the books on your wish-list whilst making sure your kids are safe in the pool.
4) UVLens – How much sunscreen does each kid need? How often should you reapply? Do you need more or less sunscreen with the cloud coverage for the day? Set up profiles for each person, and let the app do the rest. You’re phone will notify you when you need to reapply sunscreen to each kid or take a rest from the sun for a bit.
5) MySwimmingTimes – Keep track of swim times, laps, and more for each of your little athletes. Perfect for swim meets and practice. It also helps you convert swim times for various length-pools.
6) Postmates – All of this activity getting you hungry? Me too! Time to order lunch or dinner. Find all of your favorite restaurants in one app. Pizza, salad, sushi… whatever you’re craving will be delivered, and don’t forget to browse the Postmates Plus section for discounted deliveries.
Ready for some pool-side fun?!?! Have you tried any of these apps? Which are your favorites?
Disclaimer: All prices for phones and plans included in this post are accurate as of the date of posting; however, these prices are subject to change. Please refer to this page or your local Walmart for current pricing.
Limited time offer. Available for lines active with the PLUS $49.88 plan only. VUDU◊ enabled device and account required for digital viewing. Customers must be 18 years or older to open a VUDU◊ account. Movie rental only available in the USA. Free movie rental provided in the form of a movie rental code to the value of a $7.00 VUDU◊ credit. Movie rental code allows for selection from available movies for rent. May not be readily redeemable on all new releases. Code will be delivered within up to 24 hours of the effective account renewal date. Must be used within 30 days of receiving code. Offer is non-transferable. Limit 1 per customer. Additional terms and conditions on VUDU’s◊ website: http://www.vudu.com/termsofservice.html
*Please always refer to the latest terms and conditions at myfamilymobile.com.
†To get 4G LTE speed, you must have a 4G LTE capable device and 4G LTE SIM Card. Actual availability, coverage, and speed may vary. LTE is a trademark of ETSI.