There are a lot of reasons why moms love to shop at Trader Joe’s. Besides the great prices, they also have the really important things – stickers, balloons, children’s books, and a scavenger hunt to entertain tots while shopping. If you need another excuse to make it to Trader Joe’s, how about all of the healthy and convenient meal and snack options that make feeding time for your little one a little easier.
My favorite Trader Joe’s picks:
– Carrot and Applesauce squeeze packets: These are the only applesauce containers I’ve found that have managed to sneak a veggie in. Awesome.
– Roasted Plantain Chips – It may be unjustified, but I feel better giving my kid a plantain chip over a potato chip, plus they are really darn tasty.
– Spizzico di Pizza – Mini pizzas that only take 30 seconds in the microwave = instant gratification for the little guy.
– “Chicken” Soy Nuggets – I’ve found if you introduce soy products early on, they don’t seem to mind. Never hurts to have another protein option.
– Smoked Salmon and Spinach Crepes – Sounds weird, I know, but my little guy loves these! We call them quesadillas (or “dillas”) in our house.