Turn on the crockpot and get ready for the big game this Sunday with our super-easy Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup recipe! Don’t forget to download our FREE E-cookbook to find out what we’re doing with the leftovers!
When I feel a chill in the air, there’s nothing I want more than something comforting and piping hot from the slow cooker. Okay, the one thing I want more is to cuddle up on the couch with a hot mug o’ coffee (with a dash of Bailey’s!!) and my Kindle. Fortunately, this recipe allows for both.
Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup Recipe
Our Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is a simple prep and dump recipe that you can have cooking in less than 15 minutes. After that, you can have all of the coffee (and Bailey’s), reading, and cozy cuddling your little heart desires.
This Slow Cooker Black Bean Soup is naturally gluten-free and either vegetarian or vegan depending on what you choose to top it with. I love it with Greek yogurt, cheese and crumbled tortilla chips, but that’s me. I can put Greek yogurt on pretty much anything.
Have it simmering in the crockpot on Sunday for the Super Bowl and you can sit back and watch the
game commercials instead of hangin’ in the kitchen! If you have extra soup, be sure to download our FREE “Cook Once, Eat Twice” e-cookbook to find out what we’re doing with the leftovers…
Hint: it starts with “enchi” and ends with “lada”. 🙂
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper and 1 yellow pepper, chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 teaspoons each: chili powder, cumin, oregano, and cinnamon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a slow cooker and stir to combine. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- Serve with optional ingredients: scallions, cheese, Greek yogurt, lime, cilantro and/or tortilla chips.