This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc., Abreva, Breathe Right, Clorox, Robitussin and Theraflu. All opinions are mine alone. #SoothesOfTheSeason #CollectiveBias
Put “I’m bored,” to rest with these 18 Cool Weather Family-Friendly Activities. Can’t wait to cross them all off our winter bucket list!
Just because it’s cold out there doesn’t mean there isn’t plenty to do. If I hear “I’m bored” coming from any one of my children, one more time… To combat this question, I’ve compiled my favorite activities in this easy-to-reference list.
Admittedly, all of these are more fun when everyone is feeling their best. To keep us all moving in the right direction, I’ve stocked up with the sick season essentials at my local Kroger. Between the changing chilly weather, getting ready for visiting family, and checking off gifts from your shopping list, it can be hard to keep the family healthy. Fortunately, with the right tools, it’s all a little easier!
With products like Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment, Breathe® Right Extra Clear Nasal Strips, Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes, Children’s Robitussin® Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM, and Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold my family is able to tackle all that winter has to throw at us!
Ready to have some fun? Here are 18 Cool Weather Family-Friendly Activities!
Arts and Crafts – bust out your inner Bob Ross and create something with more staying power than construction paper. I like to buy small canvases in bulk, so I can bring them out for “special occasions” like rainy weekends. Sure, some eventually get tossed, but some get promoted to being hung on the wall.
Take a Hike – put on some layers and explore a new greenway or park. Makes for a great excuse to warm up with a mug o’ hot chocolate afterwards.
Find the Perfect Napping Spot – Ok. Maybe that wouldn’t be my first choice, but a great nap is always good. Especially on a dreary Sunday afternoon.
Build the Perfect Gingerbread House – invite over some friends, bust out the leftover Halloween candy and let the competition for best gingerbread house begin!
Make Snow Angels – we don’t get the chance a lot, so if there’s snow, you better believe we’re gonna build a snowman. Make snow angels. Then run back inside to thaw out.
Participate in a Family Fun Run – my husband and I both enjoy running. Our children haven’t picked up the passion for it yet, but on occasion we drag them out for a family fun run. We usually get pizza afterwards, so no one complains.
Make Cookies with Grandma – is there any better winter-weather activity than this? Try these tasty Chewy Maple Snickerdoodles recipe for a treat.
Ride a Bike – my husband will ride a bike anywhere, anytime. My kids will too. Bundle ’em up, throw a helmet on top and take a spin around the ‘hood. (Or if you’re like my husband head off on a multi-day adventure.)
Hang out with Family – between Thankgiving and Valentine’s Day our family does a lot of visiting with relatives that don’t live nearby. We like to make the most of it and book a sitter for one night so adults can hang out together without having to worry about wiping a bum.
Go Sledding – we live on the perfect hill for sledding. Does it snow often? Nope! When it does, though, you better believe we’re out there making the most of it!
Get out of Town – need to make a great escape? Head somewhere warm. There are a lot of school holidays in December, January and February, so make the most of them with a long weekend vacation.
Decorate Cookies – my kids can entertain themselves for hours with a few dozen sugar cookies, some icing and sprinkles.
Create a Fall or Winter Weather Outdoor Color Scavenger Hunt – Just because it’s cold outside doesn’t mean nature isn’t putting on a show. Make sure you have some fun prizes on hand for the winners!
Do a Puzzle – if it’s just too darn cold to go outside, do a puzzle. Be sure to get one of those puzzle mats so you can roll it up and stow it mid-puzzle if you are tight on table space!
Jump in a Pile of Leaves – Let the kids rake up the yard and jump in the leaf piles. This classic activity never gets old. Unlike my joints when they thud on the ground.
Build an Indoor Race Track – I usually ask the boys to keep the toys upstairs, but on cold or rainy days, we bring down the race track and work as a family to make the “biggest and best” track ever.
Visit an Aquarium – My boys all love an aquarium. I do too.
Go on a Day Trip – Is there a museum that you haven’t been to yet an hour or two away? Maybe you want to visit a Christmas Tree farm to cut down your own tree? Now’s the time! Bring along some games, like this DIY Travel Bingo to keep the kids entertained.
Looks fun, right? Be ready to conquer anything this season with these products found out your local Kroger. Here’s what I’m keeping on hand:
- Abreva® Pump Cold Sore and Fever Blister Treatment is easy to apply and instead of just offering temporary symptom relief, it heals.
- Breathe® Right Extra Clear Nasal Strips, which open your nose up to 38% more than decongestant sprays alone provide relief for congestion due to colds, allergies, or a deviated septum and reduce snoring caused by nighttime nasal congestion.
- Clorox® Disinfecting Wipes wipe away 99.9% of the most common allergens*. I use these every day in my kitchen, not just during the winter season!
- Children’s Robitussin® Honey Cough & Chest Congestion DM can fight your kid’s cough and help kick their symptoms to the curb. The liquid-strength of Children’s Robitussin Honey soothes on contact and provides cough relief for hours. Children’s Robitussin Honey is now available with real honey. It has no artificial colors and is gluten-free. This product is intended for children 4 and up.
- Theraflu Power Pods Nighttime Severe Cold offers powerful relief without a prescription. Compatible with most single-serve coffee makers, these fast-relieving pods work on even your severe symptoms. Press. Sip. Relief.
Remember, Theraflu Power Pods Daytime Severe Cold and Children’s Robitussin® Honey should not be used at the same time.
There are some savings for you on these products:
- Beginning on 12/9/18 through 1/26/19 you can get $1 Off Any Theraflu Product
- Beginning on 12/9/18 through 1/26/19 you can get $2 off PowerPods, 12ct Powders, 40ct Caplets, and Syrups Twinpack
- On Robitussin there will be a $1.25 off coupon through 1/4/19
*Use Clorox products as directed for removal of non-living allergens like pet dander, dust mite matter and pest matter on hard nonporous surfaces in your home. Keep out of reach of children.
Theraflu-(c) 2018 the GSK group of companies or its licensor. Theraflu is for use in adults 12 years and older. Use all products only as directed. Read label and follow directions
Abreva, Breathe Right, Robitussin – Use only as directed. Read label and follow directions.