There’s a few things you should know about my family before you hang out with us. 1: We drink a lot of wine. 2: Time spent together involves hot topics, intense debates, and possible curse-words and name calling. 3: We love each other fiercely.
I happen to be lucky enough to live 15 minutes near most of my family. At least I consider it lucky. My husband may see it as something else.
We get together as often as our schedules allow, and when we do, there will surely be all of the aforementioned wine, political debates, and love. But there will also be food. Food for our wine pairings, of course.
Our most recent get-together was inspired by Middle Sister wines which I found at Target. I had fun pairing the spirit of each bottle with one of each of us – my mom (Middle Sister Rebel Red), my sister (Mischief Maker Cabernet Sauvignon), and myself, Goodie Two-Shoes Pinot Noir, of course.
Totally fitting, as I am a very much a Goodie Two-Shoes to a fault, and also a die-hard Pinot Noir fan. And can one ever deny the truth of the wisdom on the label?
True wisdom is knowing when to give up and have a glass of wine.
Right you are. That and knowing what to pair with it. Like this Strawberry Baked Brie with a hint of Balsamic Vinegar and slivered almonds on top. Don’t miss the recipe at the end of the post!
We also had a few munchies: Salt and Pepper Kettle Chips, Crunchy Dried Chickpeas, and Dark Chocolate Almonds with Sea Salt. #NailedIt
Love these ladies, and the ability to be myself around them. Even if their mischievousness rubs off on me.
- 1 (13 to 16 ounce) whole Brie cheese with rind
- 3 tablespoons strawberry jam
- 2 1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the brie in a shallow baking dish. Bake for about 10 minutes or until the brie is soft and warm (but not runny!).
- While the brie is baking, heat the jam and balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan until thick and bubbly and then remove from the heat. Be sure to run your vent. Warming the vinegar can be a pungent process.
- Remove the brie from the oven and transfer to a serving plate. Arrange the strawberries on top of the brie and drizzle with the heated jam and vinegar mixture then sprinkle with the almonds.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.